Monday, April 19, 2010

Two questions/ PLN or PLE? (week 15)

Question mark

Two Questions

Author Daniel Pink has book called: Drive” that has people think about what they use to motivate themselves. The first question to ask is “What is my Sentence?” The next question is, “Was I better today than yesterday?” These two questions to Mr. Pink can change your life. To me it makes me evaluate my standards in the classroom. When I start to teach students, I have to ask these questions. If I get a negative answer, I need to think about how to change it to a positive.

We have to change ourselves for the better of our students. You can’t take something that didn’t do well or respond well and keep using it. Change around ideas until it fits. Our students will not achieve, if we don’t achieve. Make something of yourself. Have a sentence.

PLN or PLE?

A 7th grade student made this video over her PLE. Like a personal learning network (PLN) her PLE organized her studies so she will know what is do and when. This also allows her to have individual freedom to do her lessons at her own pace. Everyday she would come to class and check the class blog for updates and the daily assignments to be completed. This allows her to do her studies in any order she wants.

I think that students in EDM 310 or even the 510 classes should take the time and organize their assignments to do their own PLE to get the required work done at a workable pace. You can even do a PLE in other education classes or core classes.

2 comments:

  1. We all need to be evolving with our students. We don't need to teach something that doesn't work or doesn't benefit our students. What is the point in teaching something to our students that they can't relate to? Especially if it is something negative, why keep teaching it? Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heather!!! I definitely agree with what you had to say! Good job!

    ReplyDelete