Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Thoughts/ The iSchool initiative (Mobile Learning) (Week 14)

thought bubble

My thoughts about EDM 310 that I would like to interact with my students in the classroom would be blogging. Until I took this class, I had never once even looked at a blog site. I had done two semesters of student teaching in a high school special education class and long term subbing in a special education primary school level for three months. None of the teachers that I worked with or worked in place of had any type of blog or class web site. I think that if I start a blog for my classroom that I would be able to further their learning and have a creative way to keep both the students and their parents into the class at all times.

ischool

This video “iSchool initiative” is designed and narrated by a high school student in Georgia. The student says that he thinks that he is able to help fix the problem with schools in our nation. The solution is the iSchool. The iSchool is a mobile learning device that has apps for every subject type. Some of these apps are Email, chemical touch, US Constitution, USA Presidents, World Wiki, Star walk, formulae, recorder, scientific calculator, notes, calendar, application classics, and iHomwwork. This device is able to hold notes, assignments, projects, and important dates like test.

The apps that I find the most interesting are the classic. The Classic is where you can find an electronic library. It holds textbooks, novels, plays, workbooks. He then continues on to say how this device will save the school systems money every year. The student did research and found that a school that gets the iSchool will save over $600 per student. This saves trees and our environment. What parents will like about this device is they will be able to see everything that their child is doing during school.

Would this really work?

No comments:

Post a Comment