Monday, April 26, 2010

PLN (Continued)

I have kept up with my previous networks that I had commented about including the podcasts, RSS, and blogs. I have increased my following in all the areas allowing me to get more information and make friendships with special education teachers that are in the field already. Some other places that I use for my Personal Learning Network (PLN) are Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube. During the past month I have used these three networks at a rapid rate.

First I started to use Twitter. Twitter allows me to text other special education teachers. These teachers give fun ideas of how to bring imagination into the class lectures. They interact with students in assignments that make the students want to learn. We share experiences in the classroom that can potentially help others in the future. Some people that I’m following and texting are SpecialEDNeeds, Teachalotgirl, usedgov, and Teachkidd. If you would like to twitter me, you can find me at haludwig84.

Another network that I participate in is Facebook. Facebook allows family, friends, and co-workers to get connected by the internet. I have 83 friends that I communicate with in Facebook. These networks allow you to become a fan of education sites and other teachers. When you become a fan, you can be on a discussion board that talks about different technology that is used in the special education classrooms and idea of lesson plans that other teachers have used successfully in their own class.

The last network that I started to look through more each day and have subscriptions in is YouTube. YouTube allows you to express who you are and what you want others to know about whom you are or what you want others to learn. On this network you can find step by step instructions of how to use programs like Google Docs as well as give insight inside the classroom. Some of the people that I subscribed to are missourhawkeys, lacecook, and SSDSLCRyan.

In the end I have found six networks that I can use as my Personal Learning Network. I’m looking forward to when I’m teaching in my own classroom and able to use my own lesson plans and technology to be successful like others that I have found in my networks. I’m thankful for what I have learned to this point and what I hope to keep learning in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment