Monday, March 29, 2010

Dear Kaia (week 12)

Dear Kaia

Kaia’s story was started when her father had read a book called “The Last Child in the Woods.” He told his daughter go outside and explore and play. Kaia took a camera and snapped her adventure. Her father took those pictures and pictures of his family and posted them to Kaia’s blog so he can share Kaia’s life. What I was surprised about is the video that Kaia and her father made about the pictures she took outside. That shows that a child as young as Kaia can work and learn about technology and me and others older than me never even knew how to post a blog when coming into this class.

I watched the voice thread in Kaia’s father’s class blog. It was interesting seeing how voice thread works and how a whole class can communicate with this little girl without being face to face. There are people that think that Kaia’s father was wrong to but his daughter on a blog at an early age, but they do not see how children today are changing with technology. We have to let good overcome the bad.

2 comments:

  1. Heather,
    I really liked how you stated that we need to basically get over the fact that technology is part of our lives today and that the good needs to overcome the bad. If everyone had that outlook on technology as a good tool, I feel more and more people would accept it. Really great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason this thing will not let me embed my Vocaroo, but here is the link:

    http://vocaroo.com/?media=vuYaSXyVd1tW1pyMQ

    You may want to turn the volume up for this one.

    ReplyDelete