Thursday, March 4, 2010

What is Skype? Why is it a great tool to use? (project 6)

skype logo
Before attending my EDM 310 class, I had already activated and was using Skype. Skype is a free way to communicate person to person, even if the person is across the World. For example, my best friend Marcy was transferred for work in Mexico. After giving each other our account names, we are able to talk to one another like we would on our land line phones or our mobile phones. This allows us to talk as long as we want and not worry about a high phone bill. Another way that I use Skype is to instant message my high school friend who lives and teaches in China. Sometimes we do an audio feed to her students while their in class. This saves texting fees on our mobile phones.

Skype is more than just audio and texting. It is also about video messaging and sharing folders. My husband’s family lives in New York and they do not get to see our daughter often, so once a week we use the web cameras and start a video conference between the two homes. I also share my picture folder of my daughter with them so they can see every detail of her life. Skype is a great way to stay close to the ones you love. But it can also be a helpful resource to use for businesses. Skype can do both video and audio conferences. Businesses also can share their folders, saving money on postage.

Skype me at haludwig84.

No comments:

Post a Comment